The Urantia Book – What is it?The Urantia Book has been called a "Bible alternative" by some, but its contents are in direct opposition to what the Bible teaches. It was supposedly dictated to William S. Sadler, a scientist and paranormal skeptic living in Chicago in the 1930s. Sadler claimed to have witnessed over 250 separate instances of a man receiving revelations in his sleep and speaking them out loud (the man's identity is unknown). These revelations were written down and eventually edited and compiled by Sadler and a few others who discussed their contents and also formed the Urantia Foundation in 1950.
The Urantia Book contains "revelations" about human life on Earth from the alien super-mortals who supposedly dictated the book to the sleeping man, using him as an unwitting channel. The man himself was said to have been unaware of the revelations and not at all interested in, or knowledgeable about, most of the subjects revealed through him. Urantia was the revelators' name for Earth.
Some of the revelations are scientific, political, philosophical and historical in nature. Over 700 pages of the book are dedicated to Christianity. Here are a few of the teachings of the alien revelators:
• The Urantia Book, not the Bible, is the ultimate source of truth for humanity.
• The universe is made up of seven concentric rings, and the inner ring is where God dwells. It is called the Isle of Paradise.
• Jesus Christ is one of many "Creator Sons" and he also appeared as the archangel Michael prior to his incarnation.
• God is the Universal Father, the father of all humanity. He exists in three trinities—the existential Paradise Trinity, the experiential Ultimate Trinity, and the experiential Absolute Trinity.
• Perfection can be attained by man, if he continually quests for goodness over the course of many lifetimes, on many different planets.
Each of these claims can be refuted using Scripture. The Bible (not the Urantia Book) is the ultimate source of truth for humanity (Acts 17:11; 2 Timothy 3:16–17). Any gospel that is contrary to the gospel preached by Paul and the apostles is to be disregarded—even if it comes from angels, aliens, or revelators (Galatians 1:8). Jesus is not just one of many Creator Sons, He is God Himself, and "in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily" (Colossians 2:9). Man only lives once, and then faces eternal judgment (Hebrews 9:27) and his salvation does not come from his works, but it is a gift from God (Romans 3:28; Ephesians 2:8–9).
Are aliens and UFOs real?
Would proof that aliens exist impact the Christian faith?
Is the Bible really the Word of God?
Is the Bible just mythology? How can I know?
There are so many different religions. How do I know which one is right?
Truth about Religion