What are some interesting Bible stats? What are some facts and stats about the Bible?
• There are 66 books in the Bible. The Old Testament has 39 and the New Testament has 27.
• The longest book in the Bible is the Psalms (which also has the longest chapter – Psalm 119) while the shortest is 2 John.
• There are 1189 chapters in the Bible; 929 in the Old Testament and 260 in the New Testament.
• The middle chapter of the Bible is Psalm 117, which is also the shortest chapter in the Bible.
• There are 23,214 verses in the Old Testament and 7,959 in the New Testament, bringing the total to 31,173. How many have you memorized?
• Sunday schoolers know the shortest verse in the Bible: John 11:35 ("Jesus wept.") The longest? Esther 8:9 (look it up!).
• There are 773,692 words in the Bible—all of them inspired by God Himself. The Old Testament has 592,439 words and the New Testament, 181,253.
• The Bible was written over a period of about 1,500 years by about 40 different people. The oldest book is dated to about 1400 BC.
• The books of the Bible were originally just that: books. Modern chapter divisions were completed around AD 1227 by Stephen Langton. Old Testament verse numbers were made by a Jewish rabbi named Nathan in 1448, and the New Testament verse numbers were developed by Robert Estienne (also called Stephanus) in 1551.
• More than 3,000 times the Bible refers to words spoken by God.
• Every day in the United States, more than 168,000 Bibles are either sold or given away.
Copyright 2011-2021 Got Questions Ministries - All Rights Reserved.